Approved Lifelong Learning
Fitness and Sports Sciences Association
Crush Club Instructor Training
This is a scientifically-based course conducted in two 8-hour sessions over the course of two days.
The course is based on six different dance styles: Bollywood, Bhangra, Hip Hop, Jazz, Salsa & Merengue.
The course combines the principle of re-stimulation with High Intensity Interval Training.
It implements an entertaining method that assists weight-loss and body toning.
Once the training is complete students are given the freedom to choreograph routines themselves without the constraints of a set choreography.
Upon certification students will be able to conduct complete Crush Club sessions independently.
Pre - Requisites :
1. Should be at least 18 years of age.
2 .Should have a level 3 EQF equivalent certification/degree/diploma in fitness and/or related subjects.
3. Should demonstrate a basic sense of music and rhythm of all or at least any one of the following dance forms: Bollywood, Bhangra, Hip Hop, Jazz, Salsa or Merengue
4. Should be open to a creative learning process.
5. Should have working knowledge of the english language
6. Should have a valid CPR AED
1. Core understanding of the step structure (using the 4-8 count base or 4-8 accessory step) within each dance style .
2. Importance of the fitness elements ( re-stimulation principle , fartlek training)
3. Balanced use of fitness components
4. Importance of stretches / types of stretches
5. An instructor who holds good connection
Fitness Instructor (EQF L3), Group Fitness Instructor (EQF L3)
At the end of the two day instructor training the students will be assessed based on theory ( multiple choice questions, essay questions ) and practical demonstration where the students are expected to demonstrate the following :
Demonstration of the RAM (Raise Activate Mobilise ) protocol of the warm up
Demonstration of varying intensity / fitness objective of each of the dance styles.
Movement orientation ( 8+8 or 4+4 dance moves that form the basic pattern of the Crush club class )
Communication ( Verbal cues , non-verbal cues )