Approved Lifelong Learning
International Academy Of Sports Science And Technology
Periodization & Load Management
The object of this course is to deliver relevant information and understanding of athlete program periodization based on load management and performance assessment data. Participants will learn how to select and execute performance tests and load management systems, as well as how to interpret relevant data and implement it in session planning. Students will learn the basic re-quirements of programming within the annual macrocycle, based on the needs of the athlete and their sport, and adapt sessions and programming based on data.
By the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Select and conduct a performance test battery and interpret assessment results
• Understand the differences between mesocycles (transition, preparation, competitive) in the annual plan
• Program and manage each mesocycle and all load variables (intensity, volume, rest, and frequency) in the annual plan according to assessment data
• Select and implement athlete load management systems
• Effectively track and interpret athlete load management data
Course - Online / Face to Face
Personal Trainer (EQF L4)
In order to gain this qualification, participants must program a 3-week block of training (3 ses-sions/week) in an assigned mesocycle, based on athlete load management data.
Participants will also be required to build a load monitoring test battery, based on a randomly-assigned athlete or team profile. Participants must also explain why each test was selected and how it should be implemented according to the assigned profile.
The planning of training load variables (intensity, volume, and rest intervals), mesocycle periodi-sation, and selection and explanation of the testing battery will be assessed for a final grade. Par-ticipants must achieve a minimum of 70% of the criteria points.