Julian Berriman is the Research and Development Director for the Premier Global, a role which necessitate an intimate working knowledge of the application of National Occupational Standards, and qualification development and implementation. Julian currently sits on a number of UK Skills Active forums/technical expert groups. Julian was given the EHFA Standards Council Special Award in 2011.
EHFA: "Why is it important to have a trade body for the European fitness industry and what do you feel are the priorities for EHFA over the next three years?"
Julian Berriman: "The trade body sets the standards for the industry and in so doing informs, supports and shapes that industry. Priorities:
• Promoting best practice in fitness instruction training
• Producing qualifications that are fit for purpose and best serve the needs of employers
• Disseminating key messages e.g. ‘More people, more active, more often’
• Seeking to address challenges facing the industry e.g. dealing with rising levels of inactivity and obesity
• Initiating and driving research that underpins the development of the health and fitness sector
• Providing a forum for members from the public and private sectors (operators, training providers, national associations) to associate and debate".
Julian Berriman was elected onto the EHFA Board at the General Assembly held in Brussels on 24 May 2012.